Public Engagement Programme
The Headingley Neighbourhood Forum will institute a Programme to engage the public in Headingley Neighbourhood in the development of their Neighbourhood Plan, in order to disseminate information about the development of the Plan, to enable all residents and others with an interest in the Neighbourhood to contribute to the development of the Plan, and to inform the development of the Plan. The Programme will adopt some or all of the following measures.
1. The Forum will notify all interested parties of the proposed Neighbourhood Plan upon application for Designation, and will publicise the proposal as widely as possible in the Neighbourhood.
2. The Forum will publish a website providing information about the Neighbourhood Plan.
3. The Forum will set up an email address for the Forum.
4. The Forum will maintain a mailing list of all those within the Neighbourhood interested in the Plan.
5. The Forum will notify all those on the mailing list, and will publicise widely, each significant stage of the development of the Neighbourhood Plan.
6. Each local community association representative on the Forum will convene a public meeting of residents within the area of interest of their association, to consider residents’ concerns and aspirations.
7. Elected members will convene a public meeting of residents in any part of the Neighbourhood not within a local community association, to consider residents’ concerns and aspirations.
8. The Forum will offer to hold a public meeting at any school or place of worship or any other public venue within the Neighbourhood, to consider residents’ concerns and aspirations.
9. Each stakeholder representative on the Forum will be invited to hold a meeting of those in the Neighbourhood whose interests they represent, to consider stakeholders’ concerns and aspirations.
10. The Forum will convene one or more meetings open to the public within the Neighbourhood, to consider development options for the Neighbourhood.